Google Play App Store

Impending divorce proceedings Impending divorce proceedings

Family »Posted 23 Oct 2018

legal question Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm contacting you in respect of getting some advice in regards to impending divorce proceedings taking place in Sweden, Between my wife and myself.

We were married in the UK, in 2017.

I have been served documents from Blekinge District Court on behalf of my spouse petitioning for a divorce under Swedish Law.

I am currently a resident in the marital home in England. Where which I hoped to enjoy a married life with my Swedish partner and our unborn son.

Regretfully my partner abandoned our marital home and returned to Sweden initially for a two week visit.

I later discovered that my wife had no plans to return.

In the documentation sent from the Swedish court, no reference was made to our unborn son and his future custody.

I have some concerns over the wellbeing of our son and wish to maintain significant involvement in his upbringing and sharing responsibilities.

I would be grateful for any help and assistance in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Mr John Kelly

legal answer from lawyer E00304647i think there are 2 laws involved here : uk law and Swedish law. since she is swedish and her matrimonial home is in uk, uk law is applicable. you want child custody. right ? please file a custody case in uk court and send the reply to Swedish court stating that it had no jurisdiction to try this matter. thats all. uk court will send notice or summon to her and she will have to come to uk to attend the custody case.

Lawyer Detail

Talk to Lawyer

Note: - We try our level best to avoid any kind of abusive content posted by users. Kindly report to us if you notice any,

Copyright @ Pathmpor Consultants Pvt Ltd